The 320 Ranch is one of the premier guest ranches in Montana and offers a wide variety of employment opprotunities. Most of the jobs are seasonal but some offer year round opprotunities. Come and work for Montana’s finest guest ranch and see why we all love the wild west!
Be sure to include the name of the position you are applying for in the appropriate place. If you would like to be considered for more than one position, please list these positions in order of preference. We work as a team at the 320 Guest Ranch and help out in other departments as needed. Include any skills that could be used in other positions on your application or resume.
Please print out this application or you may sumit your resume and mail it to:
205 Buffalo Horn Creek
Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730.
You can also fax your application or resume to us at 406-995-4694 or
attach your resume or this application to an e-mail and send to.
Now accepting applications for
Summer 2014 positions!
Positions still availible for 2014 Season:
Wranglers, Breakfast Attendent/PM Server and Line Cooks
The 320 Guest Ranch is now hiring for seasonal Front Desk Staff the position will run from mid-April or early May and run until preferably October. Looking for team players with friendly and outgoing personalities. A positive attitude is a must. Some say this is the toughest position on the ranch - our office is the central hub of the ranch and can offer some stressful situations.
As guest services staff at the 320 Ranch you are the guests’ primary resource for information, correspondence with management, and general help or service as well as several administrative tasks. In a nutshell, you are responsible for answering and directing all incoming phone calls; checking guests in and out of the computer; setting up guests’ activities; taking dinner/lodging/sleigh ride/horseback ride/BBQ/dinner shuttle reservations; conducting the night audit and associated paperwork. Finally, you are the guests’ first and last impression of the 320 Guest Ranch. As such, providing a warm, enthusiastic and professional welcome, as well as a friendly, appreciative and professional farewell are perhaps two of your most important responsibilities
Preference given to candidates with previous guest services/front desk experience. Computer knowledge is a must! Position is seasonal with potential for year round for the right candidate.
We are looking for wranglers with guest ranch wrangling experience as well as extensive horse background. The main duty is the care and upkeep of the our herd of trail and draft horses and overseeing the animals and guests on the trails. The ranch takes out thousands of trail rides in a summer and ensuring that the horses and guests are safe is priority number one along with ensuring the guests have a great ranch expereience. Knowledge of driving draft horse teams is a plus. Cleaning out stalls, feeding horses, saddling horses and going out on trail rides are part of the duties. CPR and first aid certification is required for this position. In the winter, chopping wood, stacking wood at cabins, snow removal and driving the sleigh teams are also a part of the position. If you would like to be considered for a position as a wrangler, please send us a video of your riding abilities along with your application or resume.
Prep & Line Cooks
Working closely with our chef, daily skills could include proper rotation of product, ability to prep and ensuring quality of meals prepared, sharing line duties as well as working solo, and an all around knowledge of cooking, prepping & knife work. Must be strong on the grill and saute, as well as have experience with soups and sauces. We are a 100% scratch kitchen so must know how to cook scratch food. A flexible schedule is also a must as you have the potential to work morning and/or evening shifts.
- Culinary background
- Hands on experience with breakfast & dinner
- Knowledge of cooking, prepping & knife work
- History of strong grill work
- Experience with soups & sauces
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to cook scratch food
- Service oriented attitude and good listening/communication skills
- Baking abilities are helpful
An intergal member of our kitchen staff the dishwasher is responsible for ware washing in a very busy kitchen serving breakfast daily along with an ala carte dining room and events in the evening. Requires long hours and hard work. Must be a team player and have a great attitude. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. Experience is preferred. Housing availible, wages DOE.
RESTAURANT & BANQUET SERVING STAFF
Calling all experienced servers and banquet staff who want to spend a summer in Montana on a beautiful guest ranch.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up & breakdown of dining room or banquet facilities including dishware, glassware, silverware, linens, tables and other amenities according to Dining Room Manager or Event Coordinator’s direction
- Maintains clean tables & service area
- Know the menu for dining room or the banquet function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods
- Performs side work
- Uses a cash register of point of sale system as needed
- Two years of experience as a server in fine dining and/or banquet facility.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in English.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a noisy environment as well as with people in a team environment.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends and holidays
* Independently working a fully stocked bar for banquet events and weekly BBQ events as a part of the banquet and dining room staff
* Stocking the bar in the different locations for events; sometimes in outdoor locations requiring heavy lifting
* Knowledge of mixology and liqor, wine, and beer
* Excellent customer service skills are a must
* Previous bartending experience preffered, also working knowledge of control methods
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays
* Good communication skills with the event coordinator and/or dining room manager is a must. Must be a team player.
Responsible for leading the room attendant team. The housekeeping team is essential in ensuring ranch guest satisfaction and the head housekeeper leads the charge. This person must be a highly motivated and detail oriented individual. Responsible for scheduling, training, and oversight of a team of 8-10 room attendants for the summer season as well as amenity ordering for the entire ranch. Works as a room inspector daily as well as ensuring team is completing tasks appropriately and managinig laundry until the nighttime laundry attendant arrives. Prior management experience is preferred, but could be great begining management step for the right person.
The members of this team are key to ensuring a quality guest stay at the ranch by assuring the highest amount of satisfaction for our guests. Responsible for the cleaning of guest cabins and common areas of the ranch as directed by the head housekeeper. Must demonstrate a high attention to detail and clean all rooms in accordance with company standards. Must be able to interact with ranch guests in a friendly and helpful manner and provide assistance as needed and understand the ranch and the surrounding area. Must have an outgoing personality and positive energy and be a team player. Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift for an extended amount of time. Prior housekeeping expereince is helpful, but training is provided.
We do offer limited bunkhouse housing for employees at a very low cost. Rooms are shared with other staff members. Seasonal staff is not permitted to have pets on property.
Discounts on food and beverage at the 320 Steak House are provided for staff, as well as discounts on on some activities. Some meals are also provided during restaraunt operating seasons.
Healthcare is provided based on length of service and for full time employees.